I received this email from Andy last night:
"Today has been a busy day. The contractor started paving their test section today, but it didn't go very well. They will have to work out some issues before they start again tomorrow. You might be interested to know that they performed an animal sacrifice before they started paving. It's a big tradition in the Muslim culture to do animal sacrifices for big occasions. So, they brought out a sheep onto the test section site, laid him on his side, and then cut his throat. It was quite a sight. Of course, I eat meat all the time, and that meat had to come from an animal that was slaughtered in some way. Yet it's much different watching the thing die right in front of you. I'm attaching a picture of me standing next to the little fella as he is on death row. I don't think he knew what was coming."
He told me I should be happy he didn't send me the other picture of the sheep. I agreed!
2 comments:
Crazy! I think that would be horrifying to see...I'm glad he didn't send the other picture too!
Yuck. That reminds me of Travis having to kill his chicken for his stupid Crucible. Everytime a broken neck is brought up or chickens, we both think of that. (and he usually tells me "that isn't how you kill a chicken" or "when their neck breaks...")
Post a Comment