Here are some fun pictures from the event.
Here are the guys before the race! They were all warmed up and ready to go...the race stared a little behind schedule, so there was some standing around. It was freezing, and aside from running 10 miles there were people out there in tank tops and shorts...I don't care how many miles I run - still too cold for that!!
Finally getting lined up for the race. It officially started between 3:20 and 3:30pm. The trail was a 5 mile loop. The people running the 5 mile race started first, followed by the 10 milers and then even some for the 30 mile relay. Since the days are so short here, the 30 mile runners were required to have their headlamps...I can't imagine how late they were there!
Here's Andy and Dunn at 1/2 way through the race...they were booking it!
Still smiles at this point, but you can definitely tell they are pooped! Dunn is one of the Young Men from church, and him and Andy kept pretty good pace together the whole time...with the other two guys right behind them!
Here is Andy coming into the finish line! He said that about mile 8 or 9 he was ready to quit...but he pushed himself a little harder at the end and made great time. The trails were muddy AND lots of hills so these guys sure got a workout!!
Here are the guys again after the run...I think they were all pretty sore on Sunday at Church.
We had a great time watching too! It was sure cold though and by the end of the race Noah was crying to go home! I can't blame the poor fella.
Way to go guys - Can't wait for the next run!
*Update: The race results were posted and Andy came in 7th out of 99! Way to go Babe!


2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is hard core!! I did a five mile race once and thought I was going to die! Hahaha! Kudos to them! That's so cool. I haven't been running in ages. I don't have anyone home to watch the kids while I go! So I do pilates and tae bo videos that are about ten years old. :)
Way to go Andy! I just started running again after years. I'm feeling it. No races for me though.
Post a Comment